[TYPO3-core] RFC #9576: Bug: Limit to language not effective in list module

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Fri Mar 20 04:20:37 CET 2009

Hi.

Benjamin Mack wrote:
> a) The total number is not working anymore (it's still the same number
> of records as before), so the check needs to be done before

This would be easy to fix. I will happily create an update, but b) is
the real problem.

> b) More general: What about limiting the user with "Limit to Languages"
> to the Localization View? Feels more practical for people who are
> working on translations only.

Digging a bit deeper into this I found a bigger problem:
If "Localization view" is not enabled, every record can be sorted up /
down. Localized records will loose relation to its parent record if you
do this:
- Create one content element and one localization
- Disable "localization view" in list module
- Move localized record up (above main record)
- Move localized record down again (below main record)
- The localized record is now not recognized as "overlay" of the main
record anymore, the relation is lost.

This is related to issues #4759, #1298 and #2650. The missing list
module part of pending core patch #10432 is also somehow related.

So currently the sorting of localized records is completely broken, we
have a bunch of negative side-effects if sorting localized records in
non-"Localization view" in list module.

I am now totally confused and unsure on how to proceed.

Any advice?

Is complete removal of the disabled "Localization view" feature a
solution? Do we really need this "flat" view? Which advantage gives it?
Do workspace records show further problems in this environment?

Regards
Christian