[TYPO3-core] RFC #9729: Ship optimal TYPO3 configuration by default

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Mar 11 20:51:00 CET 2009

Hi!

Uschi Renziehausen wrote:
> When we are talking about optimal configuration, should not the we
> disable Indexes for fileadmin by default?

This is not in the core, it is in the dummy package.

> As TYPO3 has no way to really secure files the need of enabling Indexes
> might cause a lot of trouble when it concerns fileadmin. There we do not
> have a default .htaccess which says: no, we do NOT want indexes here!

I see two ways:
- add corresponding text to the INSTALL.txt
- add .htaccess to the dummy package

In any case it should have an entry in the bug tracker ;)

> Uschi (who just encountered this problem!)

Is it a big problem? I see that it can be a problem if fileadmin contains files for secure downloading. But why would one care in other cases?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team