[TYPO3-core] RFC #8433: Fixed scrolling issue in mod.php

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Wed Mar 11 13:53:53 CET 2009

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] wrote:

> Bugtracker References:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8433

> b) changed width of typo3-bigDoc to 99% (due to Safari4, IE6, IE7, IE8
> and FF3 scrollbar incompatibilities

Hi Matthias,

Please
* attach at least the patch to your mail (attachments are allowed in core
list)
* create your patch against typo3_src directory (not against /)

I'm not sure, if this change (width = 99%) is that good as it affects many
extension interfaces, which might assume those fixed with.
Also I can't read such long lines on a 24" screen (okay, usual extensions
don't have so much text *g*).

But I must also admit that I can't reproduce your scrollbar problems in FF
or Opera (but read your thread in the dev list). Without the patch
everything works OK. With the patch I have double scrollbars:
- one (the normal one) at the right side
- one at the edge of the (small|medium|big)Doc div
I don't like this at all..

Steffen