[TYPO3-core] FYI: committed the first unit tests for the updated caching framework (part of #10614)

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Sat Mar 7 22:16:50 CET 2009

Hi Ingo,

thanks for the additional explanation.

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> However, the thing is that these tests test
> the code as in FLOW3's current version of the caching framework. I'm
> going to commit that version of the caching framework tomorrow. Then the
> caching framework code will pass the tests, too.

That's good to know. :-)

>     ...As far as I remember this should be the correct way anyways,
> right?! - First create the tests and then make the code pass them...

Yes, that's correct ... test-driven development at its best. However,
this doesn't refer to checkins, but to your local copy. Concerning
checkins, both the tests and the code should be checked in together (so
they the code is covered with tests *and* the checked-in tests run).
This will the other developers to use the tests as well and keep them
happy. :-)

In the future, would you be willing to help keep the core tests and a
state that they can always be run? This would be great (and a big help
concerning my thesis).

Best regards,

Oliver