[TYPO3-core] RFC #2859: Feature: List view should have 'collapse' / 'expand' functionality for all list types

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sat Mar 7 10:48:11 CET 2009

Hi Christian,

Christian Kuhn schrieb:
> Hi Steffen,
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> following patch fix this.
>>
>>> mod.web_txtemplavoilaM1 {
>>>     recordDisplay_tables = tt_news,tt_news_cat
>>> }
>>>
>>> In this case the arrow has wrong link, it shows to
>>> typo3conf/ext/templavoila/mod1/db_list.php?id=1&table=&returnUrl=index.php%3Fid%3D1&collapse[tt_news]=1
>
> I was not aware of this feature. Thanks for pointing this out.
>
> +1 to include BACK_PATH in listURL(), this is always unset if the list
> module is called directly and won't do any harm.
>
> For the templavoila "list records" feature: I don't think it does much
> sense to collapse the tables there, you explicitly select a table with
> the "Display elements from:" drop-down and I expect the records to be
> shown even if they are collapsed in the list module.
>
> So I introduced a variable to disable the collapse functionality in the
> list module in attached 2859_followUp_v2.diff (your BACK_PATH included).
>
> Attached templavoila_disable_collapse.diff uses this var and disables
> the collapse button in templavoila.
>
> If you like this, I am not sure if we still need #10617, the reload
> doesn't look like a really advanced solution.

i looked to your patch and i think
* disabling the feature isn't a solution
* any module might include list module and maybe display more than one
table, so also wants to use collapse there
* redirect is a proper solution - that's what returnUrl is for, often
used with alt_doc

Any further changes should be done in a seperate issue, the BACK_PATH i
wanted to have it here as followUp

vg Stffen