[TYPO3-core] RFC #10497: Mark t3lib_div::makeInstanceClassName() as deprecated

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Mar 3 16:24:50 CET 2009

Hi!

Michael Stucki wrote:
> Developers should already see the warnings in 4.3, but always and only
> developers (= devIPmask). Waiting for 4.4 with the warning is not a good
> alternative therefore.

They shouldn't see warnings on the screen. These warnings make AJAX unusable in some cases and may prevent developers from working in FE/BE if the extension in question is not under their control.

I like the solution proposed by Niels much more: start showing these messages in 4.4. For now just log them somewhere (sys_log or devlog).

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team