[TYPO3-core] RFC #10497: Mark t3lib_div::makeInstanceClassName() as deprecated

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Mar 2 14:41:01 CET 2009

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Ingo suggested to deprecate this function. This would mean that we
> remove it (as early as) in 4.5. But this is in no way special to this
> function. So why veto here?

Because support people usually have debug messages turned on for their IP address. Due to the deprecation log they will always see corrupted output as soon as they upgrade to 4.3. Therefore they will stay with 4.2. We want to encourage people to move to newer versions. But how can we encourage them to move if this new version breaks BE and FE output?

I understand Ingo's wish. But such steps should be taken more carefully. Some people are already irritated and move away from TYPO3 because they cannot upgrade without breaking something. It becomes a real problem for TYPO3 now.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team