[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10201: Duplicate cHash Values

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Mar 2 13:05:03 CET 2009

Hi,

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:

> What does core team think about it?
>
> I am in favor of using full md5(). It is correct from formal point of view. The only drawbacks that I see are:
> - longer URLs
> - sometimes 404 because of the wrong cHash if followed from Google

i thought abot this and reread all BT entries concerning existing
problems with cHash. shortMD5 isn't unique, md5 is, so i'm for using
full md5. There are still some other problems remaining with empty
parameters, where a cHash should be generated too, but this is another
issue. But solving this one, the other problems should be solved too as
they are all related.

vg Steffen