[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9599: [felogin] Enable Caching "USER" instead of "USER_INT"

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Jun 29 16:38:19 CEST 2009

Hi Masi,

> For me the whole USER stuff makes no sense. The only point in having a
> form cached is when the form is not on its "landing page", ie when you
> have a small "login box" on every page.

Exactly. So if you have a login box included in the navigation, you'll
end up with at least one USER_INT object on every page.

In order of performance optimation, I would try to avoid this under any
circumstances (short story: using &no_cache is a crime but *_INT isn't
any better either).

Have a look at the TS Admin Panel to see what additional operations are
needed just because of the INT object parsing.

> If you have a real login page this won't work despite the TS conditions.
> Therefore I suggest to use USER again and to advise the site admins to
> switch the "hard coded" plugin embedded in the layout manually to USER.

Why do you think it will not work? To me it looks just fine, although I
would prefer a more generic solution (I have a GET parameter in mind
which triggers USER_INT usage rather than USER).

> The way it is now normal operations won't work because of optimization
> for an edge case.

Huh? Can you explain?

- michael
--