[TYPO3-core] RFC #11379: Info/Modify uses hardcoded texts

Christopher Stelmaszyk christopher at yahoo.de
Sat Jun 27 15:52:05 CEST 2009

Hi Benni,

"Benjamin Mack" <benni at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1246107010.7049.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hey,
>
> +1 after reading and testing for v2.
>
> I could also see removing the colons ":" from the label files and add them
> to the code directly. Would that be ok too?

I also thought about that, but I would not recommend doing this.
I am not sure that really in _all_ languages a colon is used in the sence we
use it in English or German (e.g. Hebrew? Arabian?).
Therefore I think that the translators should have the possiblity to use the
sign which their language uses at that point.
If that is a colon: OK.
But if it is not and we left it hardcoded, the texts would somehow look like
all show and no go.

After thinking about that again, I am really for leaving the colons in the
label-file.

Kind regards

Christopher