[TYPO3-core] RFC #11358: Bug: typoLink() perfomance

Lars Houmark lars at typo3.org
Wed Jun 24 03:44:50 CEST 2009

On 2009-06-23 19:52:24 -0500, Michael Stucki <michael at typo3.org> said:

> I don't think so?!

I just re-read this document again, and in general I think it is well
written, though maybe a little outdated in the part around how the mail
must be. It is referred to trunk being 4.2, which I think is no longer
correct - minor detail.

What hits me more though, is that the following quote from the document
for me is unclear:

--- quote start ---

A patch is considered to be ready to be committed to the Subversion
repository by a core developer as soon as both of the following
conditions are met:
Two positive code reviews (one of them made by a core developer)
Two positive functionality reviews (one of them made by a core developer)

--- quote end ---

What is meant by "code reviews"? And more pressing, what is meant by
"functionality reviews" in relation?

Maybe these terms should be elaborated and rule out misunderstandings,
because from the above I don't understand it needed to actually run the
patch on a dev system and test the actual code, but only that I need to
read the code and understand that it is working?!?

Don't use too smart sentences - just write what is the requirement.
This is for me the very most important part of the document, but also
the most vague.