[TYPO3-core] RFC #11391: Add a button to let admins create the file ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL from the backend

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Jun 24 00:15:20 CEST 2009

This is a SVN patch request.

Type: Feature (needed or not - let the discussion begin!)

Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11391

Branches: TYPO3_4-1, TYPO3_4-2, Trunk

Problem:
Since 0011368 the file ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL is automatically removed if
it is older than one hour. However, we expect that many admin users may
need this option quickly when they probably have no shell access.

The result will be some dirty workaround which is probably even less
safe than the original solution.
To prevent this, I propose to add two buttons to the users setup module
of admin users that lets them easily create the file (valid for 1 hour)
or remove it immediately.

Solution:
Add a new button to the User/Setup module for all admin users.

Comments:
Patch was written by Steffen Kamper with only small modifications by myself.
Also, I would have liked to place this button within one of the tabs,
however this would depend on tceform and there is no support for buttons
in that.
The attached patch will work for Trunk only. If you agree to the idea in
general, I'm going to backport it for TYPO3_4-2 and TYPO3_4-1...

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out