[TYPO3-core] RFC #11358: Bug: typoLink() perfomance

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Mon Jun 22 15:26:22 CEST 2009

Michael Stucki wrote:
> Rupert Germann schrieb:
>> Do we really need more XCLASS-the-core extensions in TER?
>
> There are many other performance improvements in Trunk like the treelist
> cache that Ingo wrote some time ago. I can't remember anyone writing an
> XCLASS extension just because it improves the performance. Even if, I
> still think it's a very bad strategy to do so ;-)

do you know the pdf that is linked in this thread?
http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-project-4-3/2009-June/001522.html

I can't remember a case from the past where XCLASSing one single function in
tslib_content would result in rendering pages up to 3 times faster.
(and these tests where made without Vladimirs typolink patch which will add
even more speed)
You can be assured that I will _not_ publish my "make-TYPO3-4.2.7-faster"
ext in TER but it will exist.

>> and who says that "performance tuning is not part of maintainance
>> releases"?
>
> http://typo3.org/teams/core/resources/release-workflow/

sorry, but I don't find a word about performance improvements on this page.

greets
rupert