[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11368: ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file should be ignored if older than one hour

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Jun 22 11:22:02 CEST 2009

Hi Steffen,

>> after reading through the comments of this thread, I have a new proposal:
>> - The file is removed after 1 hour _unless_ it has a special content
 >
> do you mean if user are _in_ install tool?

Read the patch. I did not get your point.

>> - As Ingmar already mentioned, I have added the keep-alive feature
>>
>> I'm still not sure if the option to skip removal is good, but since it
>> is no automatic solution it seems like a good compromise to me.
>> What do you think?
>
> +1 for this, here is an additional possibility for admins to
> create/delete the file

The idea is nice but it's currently displayed to every user, not just
admins.

Additionally, please remove the @ before file_exists() and use is_file()
instead. This was an old habit, but we should get rid of these error
supressings. It makes things much harder to debug.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out