[TYPO3-core] RFC: #undefined: Popup-functionality for Pages dokType=Shortcut

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sun Jun 21 22:59:38 CEST 2009

Hi Rupi,

i added the intval check so "118" will work as type=118

Rupert Germann schrieb:
> But considering usability I don't like the fact that one has to set the
> shortcut target page in tab "shortcut" and then configure additional params
> for this link in tab "general" - not really what I'd call
> logical/self-explaining.
>
> I see 2 possibilities:
> a) move the target field to the shortcut tab (for pagetype shortcut)
> b) drop the shortcut tab and move the fields to the "general" tab
>
> I'd opt for b) because I always thought that introducing a new tab for just
> 2 fields is overkill and it doesn't make live easier for BE users - It just
> forces them to do an additional click.

as i see your concerns, this shouldn't be part of this patch. The target
options work for any page type, so this isn't only for the shortcut type.

Anyway i would like to discuss the field order for page types in HCI to
get a more logical and usable way.

thx for testing!

vg Steffen