[TYPO3-core] RFC #11358: Bug: typoLink() perfomance

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Sun Jun 21 19:48:58 CEST 2009

Ingo Renner wrote:
> I've reverted that change from 4.2 as performance tuning is not part of
> maintainance releases.

Ingo,

please think a bit about the consequences of reverting this patch and also
preventing 11317 from being applied to 4_2.
Do we really need more XCLASS-the-core extensions in TER?
and who says that "performance tuning is not part of maintainance releases"?
Even if such a rule exists - what I doubt btw. - it would be wrong.
We're about to release TYPO3 4.2.7 in a version that is slower than needed
despite we have the information and the patches how to make it faster.
Come on, we know both how this discussion will end once it has hit the
general mailing list.
This practice reminds me on commercial software companies who are holding
back obvious improvements from updates to force people to by the next
version.

greets
rupert