[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11368: ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file should be ignored if older than one hour

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Sun Jun 21 19:17:59 CEST 2009

Hi Steffen,

I just talked to Michael about this, and he will adopt the patch, so
that it will allow for longer sessions in the install tool, by touching
the file at each click within the install tool. But it will still be
necessary to create it in the beginning of the day when you want to
start using the install tool.

What would be possible (and not compromise security) would be a button
in the backend which admins can click to automatically create that file
when they need it. However, I'm not quite sure where such a button
should be placed, and if it makes sense at all...

Apart from that, I'm +1 to the patch. Making installations more secure
is a top priority IMHO and from experience I'd say that quite a lot of
installations have the install tool enabled all the time.

cheers
Ingmar