[TYPO3-core] RFC #11354: Bug: Extension manager does not show up Configuration Categories Menu

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Fri Jun 19 19:07:30 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> i would say: yes
> This line won't appear in former extensions, but after patch they
> (maybe) will, so uncatched cats should be merged to general imho.

yes, but how would you achive this without patching the EM?
And If you already patch the EM in 4.1,4.0 ... then you could also add
Vladimirs famous one-liner to this TYPO3 versions.

After thinking about it a bit more I'd say: patch 4_2 and trunk and every
extension author who uses this feature has to add a version requirement for
at least 4.2.
So I see no problem anymore.

+1 for adding this to 4.2 and trunk
(by reading and testing)