[TYPO3-core] RFC #11363: Fluid and Extbase are not required extensions

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Fri Jun 19 12:10:37 CEST 2009

Hey,

On 19.06.2009 12:03 Uhr, Steffen Kamper wrote:
> imho it's to early, as long as core doesn't use it, it shouldn't be
> required. Can be done with first integration in core.
this is my point. We always tell people to split up our patches in
different parts if they concern different aspects. I don't want to
discuss this issue here (making these extensions a requirement) when I
come up with my patch for the login screen.
So I consider this one a requirement for a followup RFC to make the
login screen templateable via fluid (and fluid requires extbase
currently), and if this patch won't go in, my others that depend on it
won't be sent to the list either.

However, I don't criticize your opinions as I understand them.

See also a discussion in typo3.projects.typo3v4mvc.

All the best,
Benni.