[TYPO3-core] RFC #11142: DBAL: Column's default value is not properly quoted in CREATE TABLE

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Mon Jun 15 22:37:02 CEST 2009

Xavier Perseguers schrieb:

> Solution:
> ------------------------------------
> It is clear that the only valid definition is the last one with an empty
> default value. My patch removes the NOQUOTE attribute when default value
> is not numeric and it results to a valid SQL:

Why don't you init like this:
$noQuote = false;

Then you have a more natural condition (no negation):
if (is_numeric($featureDef['value'][0])) { $noQuote = true; }

But what happens if I have a VARCHAR with a numeric default (eg 5)? It
will need the quotes.

So I think the quoting should be based on the field type. No quotes for
I,I1,I2,I3,I4,I8,F and N, possibly for L as well.

And I fear due to the unfortunate structure of the classes also
class.ux_t3lib_sqlparser.php has to be patched.

Masi