[TYPO3-core] RFC #2421: Moving file uploads HTML from tx_cssstyledcontent_pi1 to TS

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Sat Jun 13 15:58:01 CEST 2009

Hey Benni,

Benjamin Mack schrieb:

> I gave your patch a first try. I like it.
> Attached is a new patch that applies to latest trunk cleanly.

+1 to this version (by testing), your other remarks should go into
another RFC, as they need some more consideration whereas this patch
already provides a real improvement and is ready.

> I agree with Franz that the way right now is still not flexible enough.
> Here are my thoughts:
>
> * I tried to replace the link text (the filename by default, coming from
> cObj->filelink()) with the description so the description is linked to
> the download. This is currently not possible, but something needed very
> badly. Maybe we can have a register for the download link URL only as well.

To do this we need to refactor the whole process, I had a look into it
and it seems rather complicated - but I think it's worth it.

> * Some nitpicking. I was confused with the naming of "entryRendering",
> (entry = going in :)). Maybe we can find a naming that is consistent
> with other typical TypoScript paradigms... (I don't know a better one
> either, I like "itemRendering" but it's also not consistent :))

itemRendering is better than entryRendering but both are not really nice
;) I'd go for itemRendering for the lack of a better idea.

> * Should we deprecate (or better: hide by default) the "colors", border,
> padding etc. options in TCEforms for the "uploads" CType? This does not
> make sense if you use TypoScript and don't use these values anymore.

Yes, we should. And we should probably give the values in the layout box
clear names for the default configuration as normal, layout1 and layout2
don't exactly tell you where you get thumbnails ;)

Thanks for taking care,

Susanne

--
Susanne Moog