[TYPO3-core] FYI72: #11145: Starttime/endtime is not taken into account when caching

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Mon Jun 8 14:43:50 CEST 2009

hi Dmitry

I looked over your patch and found one little issue: if
cache_clearAtMidnight is set there's executed quite a lot of code to get
the first startime/endtime but later cache_clearAtMidnight overwrites this
value again.

attached is version v3 of the patch where I moved the cache_clearAtMidnight
code from realPageCacheContent() to function get_cache_timeout().
calculatePageCacheTimeout() is now only executed when cache_clearAtMidnight
is not set.

I also moved the internal caching var one level higher in function hierarchy
and I used $GLOBALS['ACCESS_TIME'] instead of $now = 60*(time()/60 - 1);

Although it's not yet perfect (f.e. it doesn't take concepts like
pidList/recursive into account) the patch works great and should be part of
4.3 asap.

greets
rupert

PS: yes, I know that EXEC_TIME is is added and subtracted several from
$cacheTimeout -> I will investigate/fix this in a follow up.