[TYPO3-core] RFC #11293: Login page is not translatable

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Mon Jun 8 00:05:17 CEST 2009

Hey team,

I am very happy to see all the positive and constructive comments about
this RFC. Haven't felt this in a long time.

@Masi: Thanks for your suggestions.

a) About the implementation of the accept languages. Yes, I have read
about this before I started coding, but actually I wanted a quick first
version to get this done, it worked for me and I forgot to change it.
I'll add the quality parameter and do proper sorting. I will also try
using your preliminary code to return the proper language code we need.

b) I like having this functionality in the t3lib_cs or lang.php, haven't
thought of it, but I am willing to move the code to the lang.php class,
is that ok with you? One question though: How do you want the $LANG
object to decide whether to use the detected method or the parameter
given in the init() function? As an additional parameter in the init()
function?

Option #1: (functionality that overrides init again)

   $LANG->init('default');
   // later
   $browserLang = $LANG->getPreferredBrowserLanguage();
   $LANG->init($browserLang);

Option #2: (additional parameter in init)

   $LANG->init($lang = 'default', $overrideWithBrowserLanguage = false);

What do you think? Have you an option #3?

@Rupi: Thanks for your suggestions and your v3. I'll give it a spin
tomorrow morning.

@All: I don't want to rush and I am also for having patch that don't
need additional fixes afterwards, so I am all for having a good version
everybody is happy about commited very soon. Susanne Moog and me have
been working on a new Login screen provided by Jens. This is just one
prerequisite we need (as we didn't want to add any more labels to that
ugly $loginLabels conf variable).

All the best,
Benni.