[TYPO3-core] RFC Feature #11211: Exclude items from list view in backend

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Sat Jun 6 11:11:06 CEST 2009

hi,

"Christian Müller (Kitsunet)" wrote:
> OK, as far as I see there is a hook for list rendering here:
>
> class.db_list_extra.inc line 383
> But you have to implement the t3lib_localRecordListGetTableHook
> Interface, which I think is a lot of work for just adding some SQL to
> your listview. Also you will have this hook Object executed for every
> table, which seems not very resource friendly.

most hooks are not table specific -> the hook methods must implement this
check if it is needed. how should hooks for new tables from extensions
should work otherwise?

> But maybe it is OK
> because the use case is a bit unusual.

I'd say so, too

> For page module there is no hook or anything. Lists are generated in
> tx_cms_layout.php but maybe I could add a hook or configuration value
> there so everything is fine?

best would be to have a hook that allows to manipulate the page module query
in the same way as the list module query is manipulated to let both views
show the same.
And the normal list view (db_list.inc) is currently also missing a hook to
have all 3 views consistent.

I think it would be best if you open a new feature request for this.

(the missing hook in db_list.inc makes me wonder what's the use of the
db_list_extra.inc hook? any hints?)

greets
rupert