[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11271: Use 2 level cache for BEgetRootLine

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Jun 5 23:49:53 CEST 2009

Hi Rupi,

Rupert Germann schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> i'm working on mainly two sites having a huge page tree (20000 +) and
>> where some operations block the work for minutes! So i see a reason for
>> speeding that up.
>
> assumed that this a 4.3 installation I'd also investigate the impact of
> flushByTag()
> see: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11285

yeah, they are 4.3 especially for speed and cache reasons.

> greets
> rupert

i really enjoy that you are also working on this parts!

> ps: did you know that there are several other (uncached) getRootLine
> functions in BE?

yes, i know. if we have a common direction how to cache, how to clear
cache, how to use multi-level etc. we can continue speeding up. As you
see there are some lacks in cache framework and some different opinions
on how to use it, this thread shows it up very clear.

ps - i like to simplify the db cache as you did in your patch. But this
doesn't solve it for other types. On one of the testsites i use file
cache which brought an enormous speed boost, and there has to be found
an alternative flush mechanism for the tags as well.

vg Steffen