[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11260: Feature: Speed up xml2array by adding a two level cache

Niels Fröhling niels.froehling at adsignum.com
Fri Jun 5 23:16:30 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote:

>>> Why shouldn't even this be cached?
>>
>> cause there's little to no sense in caching erronious results?! ;)
>>

> isn't that philosophical? :)
>
> from technical side it saves time. The error happen in user manipulation
> of xml. But the error could throw an exception.
>
> vg Steffen

  You're sure the parser is initiated always the same? (yes we know this is a
100 line piece of code, and it's a cake to take of it) One day somebody moves
the parser out and gives him hints, and the init-state of he parser isn't so
clear anymore.

  It's not a philosophical question, it's a practical one. Error may be even
related to memory corruption, or a broken XML-module or whatever. By caching
errors you steal the user the ability to fix a external dependency and continue
working.

  I'm fine with a "slower" BE in the presence of errors. If one user makes the
error transpire all the way to the FE despite all the warnings, well ...

  Ciao
	Niels