[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11271: Use 2 level cache for BEgetRootLine

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 13:39:57 CEST 2009

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Problem:
> Now there is only a first level cache for BEgetRootLine, which is stored
> in a global var.
>
> Solution:
> The patch
> * use a static var for first level cache
> * stores second level cache in cache_hash

How does this work after I move the page with subpages from one branch of the page tree to another? For example, I have:

==============
Globe
 |- Level 1A
   |- Level 2A
     |- Level 3A
 |- Level 1B
   |- Level 2B
     |- Level 3B

I do something in the BE with "B" pages and rootlines for 1B, 2B and 3B are cached. Next I move 1B inside 2A.

What happens with BEgetrootline() results for 1B, 2B and 3B if your patch is applied? Will the function still return correct rootlines?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
In the TYPO3 blog: http://dmitry-dulepov.com/article/macintosh-vs-hackintosh.html