[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11249: Clean up: Deprecation clean-up in tslib_content::getData()

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Fri Jun 5 09:39:45 CEST 2009

Hi,

> There is a more user friendly way. If we think about customer satisfaction, we can silently change "gpvar" to use t3lib_div::_GP() instead. There will be no need for a new "gp" at all. "gpvar" does have to correspond to t3lib_div::GPvar. Keep TS stable and change the underlying implementation to use better functions. Save people from unnecessary troubles.

This is already the case. My patch is not changing anything.
t3lib_div::_GP() is used since revision 227! The introduction of "gp" as
a key (and the deprecation of "gpvar") was introduced by RFC #10357 "Add
gp as an alternative to gpvar in TS getText for a more consistent naming
scheme". This included the deprecation statement. This has been
committed a while ago already (06.02.2009).

What my patch is about is that the deprecation statement is called
abusively. In the switch statement "gp" and "gpvar" are handled
together, so the deprecation statement is also made for "gp" and not
just "gpvar". Hence the added test.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter