[TYPO3-core] RFC #11107: Provide more flexible rendering for "text with image"

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Jun 4 23:34:10 CEST 2009

Francois Suter wrote: on 04.06.2009 21:06:

>> My "long standing" idea is to update the already existing
>> css_styled_content documentation (which is provided with the core
>> sources). I haven't had time to do so, maybe someone finds time? I can
>> try to free up some time for this in the next week.
>
> Yes, I would also update the existing manual. Great if you find some
> time for that.
>
>> On that topic, I need to know if the
>> typo3/sysext/css_styled_content/doc/manual.sxw is what I would edit, and
>> how I should proceed. Should I just commit it as usual (FYI)? How can
>> that doc in future be added to the core documentation [1]?
>>
>> [1] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/
>
> Actually you are pointing to an puzzling gap: there's a page for core
> docs and a page for extension docs, but sysexts appear in none. I would
> go for adding sysext manuals to the core docs page, but I don't think
> the TER is up to that. Core docs are released as separate extensions. I
> don't think sysext manuals can be read by the TER...

I have no problem with that. I can release it in TER as a separate
document. Would also apply to "rtehtmlarea" doc which is pretty
extensive and complete. Or maybe we need a "Core Extensions"
documentation page? In core there are also documents for openid,
recycler, rsaauth, dbal, felogin, which would also be candidates for
having a more "prominent" place unter typo3.org/docs.

Cheers,
Ernesto