[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11242: Feature: Clear User Session Data

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Wed Jun 3 10:41:20 CEST 2009

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>
> Hi Steffen,
>
>> This patch adds a button in user settings to clear the session data.
>
> but what is it good for? Just explain it a little more, I don't get it
> currently.
>

> Ingo

Some cases for you:

Install f.e. t3_quixplorer.
Browse to an folder in one of your session (f.e. an extension), do not
leave it, just log out... Your current folder is stored... In a meeting
you decide not to use this extension, rename it move it to another
folder, whatever... It should not exist anymore...
If you return next time you won't get the chance to change the folder,
the extension always will display "cannot open folder"...
Only way: reset your configuration...

Another point: For any reason there is a problem with your configuration
(maybe due to a charset change), you are not able to open context menu
in page trees anymore or the "tab" in editors won't work anymore...
If you clear user settings, and they are "build from scratch" all works
fine...

By now, the only possibility for this is: go to db, cleanup the field -
or: just create a new user...

regards

Steffen