[TYPO3-core] RFC Feature #11148: Remove static require_once() to t3lib and tslib and use autoloading instead

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Tue Jun 2 15:51:06 CEST 2009

Hey all,

after testing by Olly and Steffen K., I commited this followup patch
that removes all the following lines where possible from the TYPO3 source:

require_once( PATH_tslib
require_once(PATH_tslib
require_once( PATH_t3lib
require_once(PATH_t3lib

I removed them all manually so we don't accidentally remove something we
need. However, please test this patch extensively, especially with CLI
scripts, all modules in the TYPO3 backend, extensions like
indexed_search and the RTE.

Now there is one big "require_once(" part left, that is everything with
a require_once(PATH_typo3). However, this could be more error-prone. If
anyone is up for the task, let Olly know. We'd love some support here.

Then, we might need to consider adding some registries for certain
extensions so the autoloader is using this stuff to get rid of the last
(unnecessary) require_once statements.

All the best,
Benni.