[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10987: Allow override width of textarea in TCEforms

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Mon Jun 1 00:10:54 CEST 2009

Hey,

yes. I told Steffen via Skype what I think would be best:

* Introduce two new TCA config options "width" and "height"
* Make these TCA options available also via TSconfig
* Make TCA config options "cols" and "rows" obsolete. However, as "cols"
and "rows" is needed by HTML to be valid in a <textarea> element, they
are calculated by the width and height that is set. width and height
properties always override cols/rows if all four values are set.

IMHO, this still belongs to this same RFC.

All the best,
Benni.