[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8980: unlink of non existant lockfiles generates warnings in frontend

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Wed Jul 29 09:59:07 CEST 2009

Hi,

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> Hi Susanne,
>
> I'm sorry to say but I don't really like that way of hiding warnings.
> After all the real problem is obviously that you have display_errors
> enabled in your PHP config, which is a bad thing anyway.

On a development server? In a productive environment I'd agree, but on
the development system I have it usually enabled... and the warnings are
quite annoying even on a dev environment.

> Normally, a productive environment should use log_errors rather than
> display_errors, and there the warnings are completely fine in my opinion.
>
> So -1 for generally hiding the warnings (which would also be hidden from
> the logfile then).

I wanted to check if the file exists, because I consider it good
practice to first check file existence and then do something with it. Of
course it would be nice to have a fix for the underlying cause of the
problem, but I don't see a solution atm - and sorry, but I've got no
time at all right now to investigate this further. So my installation
will just work with the file_exists and I'm out of here for now.

Thanks for your comments and thoughts.

Susanne

--
Susanne Moog