[TYPO3-core] RFC #11119: DBAL: Mapping in query does not takes care of remapping "table.field" in a WHERE clause

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Tue Jul 21 16:56:47 CEST 2009

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
> Hi Masi,
>
>>> without a core team member's +1 on reading and testing?
>>
>> As DBAL patches will never get tested I do at least read the stuff.
>
> well, then we should do something about it, see my other posts today
> about VMs. However, simply committing stuff without testing renders the
> review process null and void.

In regards of DBAL it mainly blocks the development.
As in my other post I already suggested to exclude DBAL (at least
oracle) from reviewing, since there is a lot more to administering
databases than downloading an appliance and pressing "play".

Most core-devs are pretty busy doing other stuff (and this is a good
thing) and Xavier is practically the only one active in DBAL.

So either his patches get commited and the few working with DBAL can fix
stuff or nothing gets tested and DBAL get's stuck in place.

Generally I am very "in" for the review process but I think it is not
really applicable in this special situation.

Plus I think it should be stated that this is a very special occassion
and that it is very unlikely to exclude other "parts" of the core from
being tripple-checked by the "classic" workflow.

I just feel sorry for Xavier, whose "Reminder #12" keep echoing through
this list.

cheers
Mathias

--