[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #10985: Conversion from camelcase to underscores, and back

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Jul 20 17:04:08 CEST 2009

Oliver Hader wrote:

Hi Olly,

> I changed the methods to use t3lib_div::strtolower or
> t3lib_div::strtoupper to only convert characters of the class [A-Z].
> The method lowercaseFirst was changed to lcfirst to have a similar
> naming as in PHP 5.3.

you committed this patch although it had not enough +1s yet. However as
it worked flawlessly for me for quite a while now, here's my +1 after
testing and reading.

One note though to reduce clutter in t3lib_div I'd propose to move this
to a new class t3lib_String (t3lib/)  or t3lib_util_String which would
reside in t3lib/util/

Additionally we could then add t3lib_util_Array and t3lib_util_Http,
deprecating old methods and making them wrappers for the new(moved methods.

best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner