[TYPO3-core] RFC #11474: Store separate extlist for the frontend

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Mon Jul 20 13:36:13 CEST 2009

Xavier Perseguers schrieb:
> In case of feedit yes but generally not. We need it now for styling
> ExtJS widgets in order for them to look as in BE. What if someone wants
> to make a FE plugin with ExtJS and want to use t3skin? He does not want
> to have a BE_USER...

Then just don't set the flag? :)
To be honest, I don't remember if I set the flag for t3skin as well but
I just took the time to check out what t3skin does:

ext_localconf.php loads CSS files via pageTSConfig (which is intended
for BE only).
ext_tables.php loads all its data within TYPO3_MODE='BE' (so what's the
point?)

Like I said, this solution isn't intended to be the 120% solution, but
it is a simple, performance increasing patch that works without
side-effects if we take the BE_USER object into account.

cheers
Mathias

--
TYPO3 certified interogator