[TYPO3-core] RFC Feature #11509: Integrate possibility to define automatic garbage collection of session information

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Jul 16 11:00:53 CEST 2009

Hi Olly,

> Problem:
> Sessions and session data are currently cleaned up automatically and
> randomly after 100 requests ("rand()%100"). When a frontend user session
> is bound to the session data table, this can lead to inconsistencies
> since one of these parts might be cleaned up without cleaning the other
> part. The result could be a still logged in frontend user without any
> session data containing e.g. some basket items.

I see no sense in this. If consistency is the problem, then why not just
clean up both caches at once rather than disabling it completely?

Using such an option, the cleanup still needs to be done in some way,
otherwise the database becomes too huge sooner or later.

-1 unless you give me a good reason. Alternative proposal: Cleanup
fe_sessions and fe_session_data always at the same time.

Greetings, Michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out