[TYPO3-core] FYI24 (was RFC): #11249: Clean up: Deprecation clean-up in tslib_content::getData()

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Jul 15 21:57:55 CEST 2009

Hi all,

> Problem:
> Two issues regarding deprecation of usages of getText in TypoScript:
>
> 1) usage of "gpvar" is deprecated, but the deprecation log message
> appears also when using "gp"
>
> 2) according to the documentation, usage of "global" is deprecated since
> 4.2
>
> Solution:
> 1) Add test to log message only when "gpvar" is used
>
> 2) Add deprecation log for this

This patch generated quite a lot of discussion, misunderstandings and
disagreements so I have pared it down to something a lot simpler.

In short: RFC #10357 introduced the "GP" key in the TypoScript getText
function and set "GPvar" to deprecated.

BUT, no tests were introduced, which means we're having deprecation log
entries for both "GP" and "GPvar", which is wrong.

Version 2 of my patch just introduces this test. I'm dropping the other
part about logging use of deprecated "global" key, although it is marked
as deprecated in the core doc since at least version 3.8.

For those who don't like deprecation for TS settings, this is not the
purpose of this RFC, make a separate one. Thanks.

As I consider this to be a no-brainer now, I'll commit in 24 hours if
no-one ojects.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter