[TYPO3-core] RFC #11535: Frontend rendering is slowed down by timetracking

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Wed Jul 15 03:48:58 CEST 2009

Hi Rupert,

> Info:
> the tt object itself is still initialized for backwards compatibility: it
> could be needed by extensions which expect it to be initialized.
> (simply initializing the object doesn't cost much time, I got only 2
> trans/sec more when I didn't it.)

I just wonder if all the 'if'-wrapping is needed at all if the object is
loaded anyway. Thus it should be sufficient to simply check for the
enable/disable flag in according methods of TT. Shouldn't that also do
the trick and morph the patch monster to a cute little kitten? ;) Or
does the pure call of the methods still cause some significant overhead?

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch