[TYPO3-core] RFC #11474: Store separate extlist for the frontend

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Wed Jul 15 03:40:30 CEST 2009

Hi,

> Solution:
> In order to at least reduce the load a bit we introduce a new parameter to
> the EM_CONF called "doNotLoadInFE".
> If set to "1" this extension will not be included in the extlist to be
> loaded in the frontend.
> This also affects the temp_cached_* files in typo3conf which will also be
> newly created.

it's maybe a stupid question - but EM already provides categories
(FE/BE/Skin/docu...) - can't we also take those into account (maybe as
experimental feature)? Or at least having BE categorized extensions not
loaded in FE?

As for the discussion to deactivate FE extensions in BE. Are there
really FE-only extensions out there? I mean at least 95% add some TCA
settings, flexforms or alike for which they need to get loaded in BE as
well.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch