[TYPO3-core] RFC #11408: Object Browser uses hardcoded texts

Christopher Stelmaszyk christopher at yahoo.de
Sat Jul 11 12:39:56 CEST 2009

Hi Rupert,

> hi,
>
> + by reading and testing
>
> on small thing: I see this line in locallang.xml:
>
> <label index="addKey">&lt;b&gt;Add key&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/a&gt; "%s" to Object
> List</label>
>
> wouldn't it look nicer (and also be less confusing) for the translators to
> split this value up in 2 labels to prevent the htmlspecialchared HTML?

This only looks ugly here, because of the htmlspecialchares. When
translating, you just see normal HTML-tags like <b>Add key</b>.
The translators should be able to understand that. ;-)
The main-reason for leaving this label as one part is, that I want to keep
the syntax of that sentence in tact (also in other languages).
That is why I think we should just leave it that way.

Christopher