[TYPO3-core] RFC: #0011505: TYPO3 4.3 is slower than 4.2.8 -> re-implement native db caching

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Wed Jul 8 19:49:21 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Rupert Germann schrieb:
>> 1365ms for a cached page?!
>> doesn't look very cached to me if compared to uncached ;-)
>
> yes, it's slooooow
> It's my development having tons of extensions in it (not all installed)
> But for comparison it's good ;)

"cached" means that TYPO3 does not parse all that tstemplate, tca, xml,
locallang... stuff, but simply delivers a cached page (of course only after
wasting quite a lot of db queries to find out that there's no user logged
in ;-) - but that's another story)
on all servers I can remember the ratio between fully cached with no *_INT
objects and no_cache had been at least 10:1 or more.
and all cached pages where delivered at the almost same speed (if their
sizes did not differ too much)
you have huge differences in the "cached" results.

strange.
can you describe "tests done on Windows" a bit further?
and are you really sure that there are no extensions disabling the caching?

greets
rupert