[TYPO3-core] RFC: #0011499: feature: db compare in install tool can require a huge amount of clicks

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Wed Jul 8 15:40:49 CEST 2009

Francois Suter wrote:
> Well, it's no use creating coding guidelines if they get ignored just
> because a developer has no time. This is sloppy. The required changes
> are really minor, could you please do them as follow-up patch?

I'm quite shure that the code that I added/changed complies to the coding
guidelines (in the v2 patch) and that there's no rule that says, that
someone who patches something has to clean up the code of the functions or
the whole file he touched.
But correct me if I'm wrong.

SCNR: to me it begins to look that we like it much more to talk about coding
guidelines and rules than fixing important stuff or adding valuable
features.
Come on dudes, this IS a cool feature, that fixes a gremlin that annoyed at
least me for years now.

greets
rupert