[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11473: ChangeLog is quite big and could be split to multiple files

Christian Hernmarck linux at lists.hernmarck.ch
Tue Jul 7 11:48:13 CEST 2009

Hi Ingmar

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/trunk/CHANGES?revision=790587

> Example for 4-2: At the bottom of the file older ChangeLogs would be
> referenced like this:
>
> Changes with TYPO3 4-1:
> * https://svn.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Core/branches/TYPO3_4-1/ChangeLog
>
> Branches:
> TYPO3_4-0, TYPO3_4-1, TYPO3_4-2 and trunk
>
> (needs to be all of those branches so the suggested link to old
> ChangeLogs like
> https://svn.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Core/branches/TYPO3_4-1/ChangeLog
> would work)

I don't know - maybe Michael already pointed this out:
since 4.2 and 4.1 are supported right now its useless to add the whole
4.1 changelog to the 4.2 (both end at july 3rd this year).
If you compare them you may go back to 2006 or beginning of 2007 until
they are "the same"...

I'd rather create a Changlog when a new branch is started - that's the
point when the changelog files are starting to differ.

Just my thoughts...

/Christian