[TYPO3-core] RFC #11027: Warning is issued when creating first template

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Mon Jul 6 18:22:25 CEST 2009

Hi Benni,

Sorry for not having seen your message.

> isn't this a problem inside "exec_SELECTgetRows"?
>
> Shouldn't this return an array at any time?
>
> Citing t3lib_db.php
> ========
> $res =
> $this->exec_SELECTquery($select_fields,$from_table,$where_clause,$groupBy,$orderBy,$limit);
>

> if (!$this->sql_error())    {
>     $output = array();
> ========
>
> the $output is only an array if the SQL is not an error, right?

Right. I highly prefer fixing this to be consistent with other methods
(exec_SELECTcountRows for instance where the result var is initialized
at the beginning of the method)

Attached is another patch that fixes the issue in t3lib_db.php instead.

And this becomes a no-brainer I guess...

Thanks.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en