[TYPO3-core] RFC #11391: Add a button to let admins create the file ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL from the backend

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Jul 3 12:56:18 CEST 2009

Hi Andy,

> Why we have three ways to check if a user is an Admin?
> - $this->isAdmin
> - $BE_USER->isAdmin()
> - $scriptUser->isAdmin()

The objects $BE_USER and $scriptUser are not necessarily the same (e.g.
when simulating a different user).

I don't know who added this feature here and why, but since it exists it
should be used.

And $this->isAdmin is just a flag that caches the result of that
function, not to call it 10 times in a script.

> for Stuckis patch, my result is -1, because the reasons above and the
> overhead with the new class property "isAdmin".

Actually my proposal is a 1:1 copy of the code that is used in Trunk. I
just copied the lines that define $this->isAdmin and assign the value to
it. So I don't quite get what is wrong about it...

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out