[TYPO3-core] RFC Bug #11251: Use InnoDB for user/group tables

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 21:50:21 CEST 2009

Hi!

Oliver Hader wrote:
> Problem:
> Some tables handling users and groups are still using MyISAM as database
> storage engine.
>
> Solution:
> To serve concurrent modifications on the user/group tables with many
> elements, the database engine InnoDB should be used for the following
> tables:
> * be_groups
> * be_sessions
> * be_users
> * fe_groups
> * fe_users

I do not see the reason for these tables to use InnoDB. They do not require many concurent modifications in a normal course of work. If a specific installation installation requires such functionality, it is ieasy to do with phpMyAdmin.

Changing to InnoDB is good for cache tables but for fe_users table with thousands of records it will seriously slow down all SELECT queries. I have a site where I tested. So I do not think this change is good. In many cases it will seriously decrease TYPO3 performance.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitrydulepov