[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9599: [felogin] Enable Caching "USER" instead of "USER_INT"

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Wed Jul 1 09:31:57 CEST 2009

Hi Ernesto,

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:

>>> I don't think this is true. If the condition matches, the original cache
>>> entry (the one with the USER object) won't match anymore and another
>>> rendering process will start (where the plugin is USER_INT).
>> Hm, so really only the condition check was wrong?

>>> Can you explain what you mean with "over-optimized"?
>> The plugin worked well for normal usage. It didn't after "someone"
>> started to fiddle with conditions to make a special case work.
>
> Ok, I think I have missed that part where you said something didn't
> work, sorry. I haven't tested and was just arguing by "reading", as the
> conditions seemed fine to me. I re-read your mails and it seems you have
> just something conceptually against the proposed patch. If you have a
> test-case where it doesn't work, could you build up an example where we
> can test it?

In TYPO3 4.2 this plugin was just USER_INT. In 4.3 this was changed to
be USER and for logged in frontend users USER_INT - however some parts
have been forgotten and it seems they were not tested at all (redirects
for example).

Of course USER_INT is easy - however this would prevent a page to be
published statically (by e.g. nc_staticfilecache).

I'm looking forward to a general solution to disable the plugin caching
from outside on the fly, but making sure somehow that is was intended by
the application logic.

olly
--
Oliver Hader