[TYPO3-core] FYI: Fixes & changes to caching framework in FLOW3

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Tue Jan 27 17:44:09 CET 2009

Hi.

Yesterday and today I worked on the caching framework in FLOW3. Some
of this is cleanup work, but there are also some important bugfixes
(marked with ! in the following list). Here is a summary in reverse
chronological order:

http://forge.typo3.org/repositories/revision/16/1805
  * added setter for default lifetime to AbstractBackend
  ! fixed handling of unlimited default lifetime in all three backend
implementations (refs #1843, refs #1844)
  * the default cache configuration (Caches.yaml) now sets unlimited
expiry time, should help against exception 1229362833

http://forge.typo3.org/repositories/revision/16/1803
  * moved and renamed cache frontend classes and interfaces, refs #2515

http://forge.typo3.org/repositories/revision/16/1802
  * removed wildcard support (from documentation) in getByTag() and
findIdentifierByTag()
  * moved some methods, constants and checks to better-fitting places

http://forge.typo3.org/repositories/revision/16/1798
  * added cache backend for using the "Alternative PHP Cache" (APC)

http://forge.typo3.org/repositories/revision/16/1797
  * moved and renamed some cache backend classes and interfaces, refs

http://forge.typo3.org/repositories/revision/16/1796
  ! now handles values larger than 1 MB and flush()es only the current
cache's entries
  * uses SystemLogger for some operations
  * accepts "tcp://" prefix for hostnames and uses default port from
php.ini if none given
  ! fixed handling of flags given to set(), enables compression
  ! memcache keys longer than 250 characters raise an exception now
instead of being silently trunacted

I thought it might be of interest to keep the code in sync as much as
possible or at least to profit from the bug fixes. Whoever takes care
of the cache backport, feel free to contact me for more info if needed.

Happy coding,
Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns