[TYPO3-core] FYI: #9915: Typing error in tslib_content ($gifCreateor => $gifCreator)

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Fri Jan 23 18:07:19 CET 2009

Hi Stefano,

Stefano Kowalke wrote:
>> To clearify the commit process of this issue to everyone else:
>> Steffen asked me whether it's possible to commit such an obvious bugfix
>> - a one character typing error - right away to SVN. I agreed, since it's
>> not required to start the whole overhead for such a real obvious thing.
>
> But this was not just fixing a typing error. As result of this typo php
> gives a fatal error because (Quote from Steffen):
>
>> $gifCreateor->png_truecolor was called, but with the typo there is no
>> object $gifCreateor
>
> IMHO in case of a typo in a comment we dont need the whole overhead.

I think we do need a bug tracker entry even for things as small as this.

Want a proof?

This very fix of a small little typo seems to have caused (in some way,
but surely the real bug lies somewhere deeper) a new bug:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10225

So now it's good that we have a bugtracker entry for this little issue,
so I can add a relationship between the old and the new bug in the
bugtracker.

cheers
Ingmar

--